Hey my loves! For years, I contemplated creating a blog. I fell in love with the concept of writing without boundaries. I loved reading works of art packed with powerful tones and voices. Then something changed, the blogs that were placed within my sphere ended up sounding like a Macy’s commercial (no shade to Macy’s). The compelling content that I yearned for slowly started to fade into the back of the world wide web. I slowly became bombarded by subliminal advertisements. I don’t like people trying to tell me what to do, especially when they are pushing unnecessary information into my personal space. Although I didn’t know what this phenomenon was called, I knew that I didn’t like it.
After interviewing Hoda, the creative behind JooJoo Azad, I finally learned about the concept of “capitalistic blogging.” Long story short, this means posts that are less about the quality and more about the quantity. The sole purpose of capitalistic posts are to spew out as many posts as possible, sell products, grow followers and gain likes. They are not meant to speak to the soul and make you think about life. With that being said, Internal Archives has joined The Slow Blogging Movement.
This may change the relationship that we have with you (our readers). Three things make or break a relationship between a blog and it’s audience: honesty, trust, and consistency. So this is me being blatantly honest with you loves, I do not want Internal Archives to become a “capitalistic” blog. As an inspirational and empowering platform, the content on here will be raw, real, and non-materialistic. You can trust that at least 90% of the content provided here will be quality work that will make you think. The other 10 % will be quality work that may include a recommendation of products that relate to wellness/personal development, as well as some fun random pieces (all work and no play never did anyone one good).
This brings us to the final relationship breaker, consistency. As a slow blog, we will not be posting on this website every day. This will give us time to put effort into the works of art that you receive. This will also us allow the readers time to digest some of the nitty gritty topics that we are discussing. You can expect a few post every week for us (only we are running a campaign like #QueensOfTheCity. If you are expecting a post every day on heavy topics or on topics such as “top five ways to brush your teeth” or something else ridiculous like that, then this is not the platform for you. We will continue to encourage, inspire, and empower, just at the speed of the turtle and not the speed of the cheetah.
Thank you for your continued support, patience, and understanding.
B & The Internal Archives Team